TOPS offers a large variety of after school activities which have included sports, computer coding drama, language, music, gardening and cooking. The offerings and schedule for Spring 2017 After School Enrichment Activities are now available.
The online registration will begin on Tuesday, March 21 at noon. You can register on SPARC, using the cover sheet which will get posted on the website and will be sent to each grade’s parent group email. If you register offline, you will need to include a check to the City of Seattle, or drop by the community center to pay, or call the Montlake Community Center (206) 684-4736.
Note: classes do fill up so registering online or over the phone ensures the registration is processed then. Scholarships are available.
Classes run April 17 - June 16, 2017. After school students go straight to the cafeteria for a snack and sign-in. The teachers will meet their class at 3:25 pm and classes begin at 3:30 pm. After class, pick up your child/ren in the cafeteria. If your child/ren go to Kids Co. or take the Activity Bus, they will be escorted by staff to that destination.
If we don’t reach a minimum of 4-6 students, depending on the class, it may get canceled, and Margo will contact you directly. Feel free to reach out and check in with her directly if you have questions or concerns. It helps the stability of the program if you register 1-2 weeks before the start of the classes.
- A completed 2016 PARTICIPANT INFORMATION AND AUTHORIZATION FORM (E-13) is required unless you filled out for camp this summer. Just let Margo know which community center has it so you don’t need to fill it out again. If you haven’t done it before, every box matters so 1) fill out entirely and use N/A (non-applicable) wherever you need to. 2) Hand sign and especially initial every single spot asking for initials that you encounter.
- Scholarships are available for 50 to 80 percent of the costs. Please contact Margo if you need financial assistance to arrange the paperwork including the top two pages of your most recent tax form (with SS # removed).
- We need authorization to release your child without you being present. If you want your 5th-8th grader to be able sign themselves out, fill out the bottom of the cover letter and return to Margo. Until that form is received, you will need to come sign your student out after each class in the cafeteria.
- Transportation home is provided via the Seattle Schools Activity Bus.
There is a free activity bus that goes east and south ending in West Seattle. Let Margot know if you have a student you’d like to ride the bus.
- You will need to fill out the Activity Bus form in the Fall packet and receive confirmation from the SPS Transportation Office before your student can ride. Please wait to hear from Margo before planning on your child/ren riding the Activity Bus. It can take up to 2 weeks, and they have to approve each rider.
- We don’t currently have transportation for students in downtown or anywhere north of the school.
- The bus leaves TOPS at 4:45 p.m.
- Enrichment staff escort the Activity Bus riders to the bus. Middle school riders meet at the Middle School exit on Boylston by 4:40 p.m. after their sports activities.
Class Ideas or Feedback?
If you have ideas, feedback, classes you’d like to see offered, please let Margo know at Margo.Robb@seattle.gov or 206-351-2714 as soon as possible! She is happy to help you figure out how to take the most advantage of these programs as possible!