After School Enrichment
TOPS offers a variety of after school activities which have included carpentry, crafting, art, computer coding, drama, music, gardening and cooking. The offerings and schedule for Spring 2020 After School Enrichment Activities are now available.
* Go to www.seattle.gov/parks, click on the yellow "Sign up for Activities, Classes & More" button, then type "TOPS" into the search bar to find classes offered at TOPS for the upcoming session. Viewing classes online becomes available 2 weeks prior the start of registration.
* Stop by Montlake Community Center at 1618 Calhoun Ave E (just off Boyer Ave at the 5 point intersection).
* Call Montlake Community Center at (206) 684-4736.
Note: classes do fill up so registering online or over the phone with Montlake ensures theregistration. Scholarships are available.
Spring 2020 classes start on April 20 and run until June 12. No classes on Monday 5/25.
After school students go straight to the TOPS cafeteria for a snack and sign-in. The teachers will meet their class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 3:40 pm and classes begin at 3:45 pm. On Wednesdays the teachers will meet their classes at 2:25 pm for a 2:30 pm start time. After class, pick up your child/ren in the cafeteria. If your child/ren go to Kids Co. or take the Activity Bus, they will be escorted by staff to that destination.
If we don't reach a minimum of 4-6 students, depending on the class, it may get canceled, and you will be contacted directly. Feel free to reach out and check in with Stacy Yen directly if you have questions or concerns. It helps the stability of the program if you register 1-2 weeks before the start of the classes.
- We need a new form every year. If your child/ren did a Parks camp, let us know where and we can likely track down a copy of the form so you don't need to do it again. We will be in touch in late September if a form hasn't been received from your family yet. If you haven't done it before, every box matters so 1) fill out entirely and use N/A (non-applicable) wherever you need to. 2) Hand sign and especially initial every single spot asking for initials that you encounter. Thanks for helping us to get this done!
- Scholarships are available If you would like to receive a scholarship, please fill out the scholarship paperwork now. Note that each of your children can qualify for up to 80% of one class each session (Fall, Winter, Spring). Please contact us if you need help with this process.
- We need authorization to release your child without you being present. If you want your 5th-8th grader to be able sign themselves out, fill out the bottom of the cover letter and return. Until that form is received, you will need to come sign your student out after each class in the cafeteria.
- Transportation home is provided via the Seattle Schools Activity Bus.
There is a free activity bus to take students home east and south after enrichment classes. If you want your child to ride the Activity Bus, make sure to fill out and sign that form, too (page 10 of the Classes Brochure). Note that it won't start until mid-October. We will have a better sense of timing late in September, but do get the form in so your child/ren can ride as soon as it starts. It leaves TOPS at 5pm on M/T/Th and 4pm on Wednesdays (due to early release).
- You will need to fill out the Activity Bus form in the Fall packet and receive confirmation from the SPS Transportation Office before your student can ride. Please wait to hear back from Stacy before planning on your child/ren riding the Activity Bus. It can take up to 2 weeks, and each rider has to be approved.
- We don't currently have transportation for students in downtown or anywhere north of the school.
- The bus leaves TOPS at 5 pm, except on Wednesdays when it leaves at 4 pm.
- Enrichment staff escort the Activity Bus riders to the bus. Middle school riders may go straight to the bus.
If you have questions, feedback, or ideas about classes you'd like to see offered, please let Stacy know at email@example.com as soon as possible! She is happy to help you figure out how to take the most advantage of these programs as possible!